How are you securing your parking garage? What are the benefits of securing parking garages from water penetration and mechanical wear?
Daily, parking garages are exposed to immense mechanical stress. Their safety and restoration, however, are often an afterthought. As a result, garages show cracks and wears within few years of construction. To prevent this, garages require top and inter-layer resistant coatings. This lends them longer shelf lives and lower maintenance costs related to Benefits of Securing Parking Garages.
Concrete or asphalt structures are typically at high risk of damages due to water. If water is allowed to sit on or penetrate asphalt surfaces. The asphalt bonds weaken leading to potholes or even cracks. Parking garages require impervious bond coats that do not allow. Water seepage that is linked with Benefits of Securing Parking Garages . A bond coat protects the surface beneath from natural wear and tear. Due to this, parking spaces are most receptive to temporal corrosion if not maintained adequately.
Most widely-distributed bond coats lack structural integrity and fade just after a few years. While current design protocols call for monolithic structures (where all the layers are separate but bonded). Parking garages are increasingly suffering from the issue of delamination. This is a process where layers of concrete start to separate. It is often caused or worsened by water intrusion into concrete cracks.
Why Basecrete? for Benefits of Securing Parking Garages
What are the benefits of securing your parking garage with Basecrete?
- It secures parking garages and other similar surfaces through initial protection and subsequent garage patching. Basecrete is a smart investment with long-term rewards. The product’s waterproofing membrane protects surfaces from water ingress which can lead to corrosion. Unlike its waterproofing counterparts, Basecrete does not take days to dry.
- With a 12-hour cure time, Basecrete comes in highly recommended. It requires only a thin layer (1/16th of an inch) to secure concrete for a very long time. It also protects concrete from delaminating. This invaluable feature makes Basecrete a foremost waterproofing product.
- BaseCrete has a high tensile strength. That is, it can easily absorb the stress of constant traffic of vehicles. Are you a frequent car user? You don’t have to worry about the impact of your tires on your garage floor. Basecrete will address this worry. Basecrete holds layers of the concrete and asphalt flooring of your garage together. This prevents independent movement of layers within the garage floor. As a result, shock is evenly distributed across the layers.
- Basecrete also removes the need for garage refinishing at short intervals of time. It is resistance to the action of chemicals, acids, and corrosive materials. Thus, applying thin layers of Basecrete will secure the garage for years. This occurs because the material elongates the structural life of the concrete beneath with fewer requirements of interventions. Likewise, it shields the garage floor from natural corrosion.
- Basecrete can also be used as a garage concrete crack filler and for patching asphalt driveways. With its high durability and anti-corrosive properties. It can remove any added need for touch ups to the surface. Hence, Basecrete does not just save the concrete/asphalt surface but also reduces long-term maintenance costs in the field of Benefits of Securing Parking Garages .
Do you reside in Suffolk Country or within New York? Is your garage in need of repair, resurfacing, or waterproofing? Contact us today for a free estimate. We will be glad to work with you.